Captain Richard Trainor cms has over 35 years experience in the marine industry.
- Liability, errors and omissions insurance
- Certified marine surveyor
- Accredited marine surveyor
- Lloyds Approved marine surveyor
- Member of The Royal Institution of Naval Architects, Internationally recognized professional qualification
- ABYC Standards Certified
- ABYC Marine Systems Certified
- ABYC Marine Electrical Certified
- Transport Canada Accredited boating safety provider
- Approved Consultant for Transport Canada
- Transport Canada Appointed Tonnage Measurer with no geographical restrictions
- marina manager
- small passenger craft captain
- ferry operator
- steamship captain (unlimited tonnage)
- motorship engineer
- steamship engineer
- ABYC certified master marine technician
- Volvo Penta approved technician
- Brunswick member mechanic
- shipyard manager
- boat builder
- post secondary education in marine technology
- member Association of Certified Marine Surveyors
- member Board of Directors for the tall ship St. Lawrence II (Brigantine)
- member Ontario Marine Operators Association
- member Boating Ontario
- member International Association of Marine Investigators, Inc.
- member Loughborough Lake Association
- National Wall of Remembrance Association
In his spare time Rick likes to ski, fish, sail and kayak.
A Little About Us
Richard and Lauren operate their family business from the Kingston, Ontario area. Kingston is quite central to Eastern Ontario. Richard leaves Kingston and travels to Toronto, Pembroke, Gatineau, Montreal and all points in between. If you need a boat surveyed for your bank, insurance company, marina or personal satisfaction, he will be there.
You will receive your report by email the following evening. If it’s not going to happen we will let you know and make a firm commitment for delivery as soon as circumstances allow. By the end of the spring launch we sometimes get a day or two behind. We do our best always.
We can be reached at 613-353-6470 or 1-866-353-9609.